Record Linking allows you to create a view of a record within a file.
Create a link to a record
From the Active Site:
- Select an item you wish to link a record to
- Navigate to the RecordPoint ribbon
- Select Link to Record
- A Create Record Link pop up will appear
- Perform a search by Title or Record Number to locate the record to link
- Select the record and click Save
- Provide a Title to identify this record link and click Save
- The document link is now visible within the file
Note: Record Linking does not create a duplicate record and will not be submitted to RecordPoint if an automatic workflow has been enabled. It creates only a view of the original item within this file.